Apply now for Spring 2014.
- Application Form
- Official Transcript from each college or university attended
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 from an undergraduate degree.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 from a graduate degree
- Passing scores from the GRE or MAT
- Goal Statement
- Three (3) recommendations from persons unrelated to the applicant in a professional context
- $35.00 non-refundable application fee
GRE or MAT:
Applicants are required to submit an acceptable score from one of the following: a combined verbal and quantitative score of 800 or above on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or a score of at least 370 on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) to be eligible for graduate studies.
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language):
A score of 500 on the TOEFL is required of all students for whom English is a second language.
Applicants must submit a statement of approximately 400 words specifying personal goals for their professional development as a counselor and future employment in the field specifying the following:
- An opening paragraph about themselves.
- What experience do you have working in counseling and/or social services?
- Why have you chosen to pursue a degree in Counseling?
- Why have you selected Faulkner University’s Master of Science in Counseling program?
- Why you think you are a good candidate for this graduate program?
- Discuss your experience working with people in individual and group settings?
- Discuss your experience working with people from multicultural backgrounds?
- Discuss your goals once you have completed the program
Applicants must provide three (3) recommendations from professional unrelated persons. Forms are provided in the Application Packet. You can print recommendation forms here.
Non-refundable Application Fee:
A $35.00 non-refundable application fee must be included with a completed application form and other required material listed above.
For the forms that need to be mailed (i.e. transcripts, test scores), or if you choose to mail all the forms please mail the application materials to:
5345 Atlanta Highway
Montgomery, Alabama 36109.