It is through the generosity of Alumni, friends, and supporters of Faulkner University that scholarships are possible.
Most scholarships are awarded and administered by the Traditional Admissions Department.
Types of Scholarships/Awards
To qualify for a scholarship, award or grant, a student must be in the traditional program and classified as a traditional student. Adults who are classified as traditional students are not eligible for the scholarships, awards, or grants herein described.
All supplemental materials (essays, letters of recommendation, etc.) should be submitted when making application for scholarships.
Full-time enrollment (at least 12 semester hours) is required for any scholarship.
Students receiving a scholarship or award from Faulkner University whose financial aid packages exceed the direct cost of education (tuition, fees, room and board) will not receive a credit or a refund. In these cases, the amount of the scholarship or award from Faulkner will be adjusted to preclude the awarding of a credit or refund.
*Unless otherwise noted, scholarship and award amounts are for one academic year.
One half of the total amount will be awarded in the fall term, and the other half will be awarded in the spring semester.
Unless otherwise noted, all scholarships are renewable upon meeting the continuation criteria for up to nine (9) semesters.
All students receiving scholarships or awards are required to apply for all federal and state aid available.
Students who have been accepted for admission to Faulkner will be considered for the following academic scholarships:
- Freshmen applicants only
- ACT scores of 21 - 22 (SAT of 1500 - 1580)
- Range: $1000 - $3000 per year
- Higher awards given to students who are actively involved in school and community activities.
- Scholarship committee will begin evaluations in early March.
President's, Trustee's, and Founder's Scholarships
- Freshmen applicants only
- ACT scores of 23 and over (SAT of 1590 and over)
- Range: $3500- Full tuition.
- Competition for these scholarships will be done through on-campus interviews February 16, 2013.
National Merit Finalist/Semi-Finalist Scholarship
- Freshmen applicants only
- Must be confirmed as a National Merit Finalist or Semi-Finalist and have listed Faulkner University as their first-choice university with the National Merit Corporation.
- Finalists will receive funding equal to full tuition, room, board, and mandatory fees when coordinated with state, federal, and institutional scholarships and awards.
- Semi-Finalists will receive funding equal to full tuition when coordinated with state, federal, and institutional scholarships and awards.
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
- May be awarded to Phi theta Kappa members that are in good standing.
- Must have a least 60 hours of transferrable college credit with at least a 3.25 GPA.
- Award amount: up to $2500
- Transfer applicants only
- College GPA of 3.00 and over
- Range: $1000 - $6000
Grants and Awards
In addition to the awards above, students will be considered for a variety of other grants. To qualify, students must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Priority will be given to those students completing the FAFSA by March 15.
The following awards and grants are awarded for one academic year. Renewal is contingent on completion of the FAFSA, current funding levels, and a continued demonstration of financial need and satisfactory academic progress.
The University grant may be awarded in varying amounts to students who demonstrate financial need as evidenced by the results of the yearly FAFSA.
Out-of-state students who demonstrate financial need as evidenced by the results of the yearly FAFSA may be awarded this grant.
This $500 non-need based award may be given to students who complete the filing of their FAFSA by March 15.
Church of Christ Award
This non-need based award of $1000 per year will be given to applicants who are active members of the church of Christ. At least one recommendation letter from a minister or elder of the student's congregation is required.
Christian Camp Award
Students who receive awards from Faulkner representatives at various Christian summer camps may be granted a $500 per year award.
Some scholarships are awarded by academic departments in addition to those awarded by Faulkner Student Financial Services. Contact your department to learn more about potential scholarship opportunities.
Christian College Employee Award
Must be a dependent child of a full-time employee of a Faulkner sister college participating in the reciprocal tuition discount program. This award is for up to 50% of tuition when coordinated with all federal, state, and other institutional grants.
Christian High School Award
Must be a graduate from a high school affiliated with the churches of Christ and a member of the National Christian School Association (NCSA). This award is for up to 25% of tuition when coordinated with all federal, state, and other institutional grants.
Must be a child of a full time church of Christ missionary currently in a foreign field and supported by a U.S. church of Christ. This award is for up to 75% of tuition when coordinated with all federal, state, and other institutional grants.
Lads to Leaders/Leaderettes Award
Participants in the Lads to Leaders/Leaderettes program who submit scholarship applications by the published deadline each year will be considered for this award. The National Office of Lads to Leaders/Leaderettes will recommend students to Faulkner who then may be awarded a scholarship. Award amounts vary from $250-$3000 per year.
First-time students who apply for admission before October 30 may be granted a one-time $500 award. First-time students who apply for admission before December 1 may be granted a one-time $250 award. First-time students who are accepted for admission within 6 weeks of their application date may be granted a one-time $250 award.
Scouting Leadership Award:
This award may be available to new freshmen and new transfer students who have achieved these levels:
- Boy Scouts of America (BSA) Eagle Scout
- Venturing (Coed program part of BSA) Silver Award
- Sea Scouts (Coed program part of BSA) Quartermaster Award
- Girl Scouts of the USA Gold Award
- American Heritage Girls Stars and Stripes Award
Students interested in applying for this award:
- Must apply for admission and be accepted to Faulkner University by April 1 of incoming year.
- Must submit a completed scholarship application packet by April 1 of incoming year.
Completed packets consist of:
- Written proof of the Scouting level
- A one page essay entitled What Scouting Means To Me.
- Two letters of recommendation from a non-family member. Ã‚One must be from a scout leader.
This award can be used toward general tuition or fees in the traditional program only. Awards range from $1,000 to $3,000 per year. Student must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA while at Faulkner.
Home School Award
This $1000 non-need based award is available to students who graduated from a homeschool program.
Dual Enrollment Award
This $1000 non-need based award is available to students who have completed at least two semesters of dual enrollment at Faulkner.
River Region Award
Students from Montgomery, Elmore, and Autauga counties will be considered for the River Region Award which ranges from $1000 per year to half tuition.
If you're interested in seeing how affordable an education at a leading Christian university can be, please contact us. Better yet, begin the process by inquiring for more information or applying on-line.