Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
The Master of Arts in Christian Ministry program prepares students to fulfill their mission to serve Jesus Christ through their vocations. The program is a reflection of Faulkner University’s effort to foster professional ministry based on a thorough understanding of the Christian principles and ethics that shape the university’s mission. This degree program empower students to serve people in various church ministries.
The Master of Arts in Christian Ministry program provides a core curriculum with a strong Christian and biblical emphasis. The program is focused on preparing graduates for more effective service in the church and on providing a solid groundwork for continued training.
The Master of Arts in Christian Ministry program requires 36 semester hours of coursework, with thesis and non-thesis options. A supervised ministry practicum is required. To continue in the he MACM program a student must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale..
MACM Course Requirements
Core MACM Courses – 21 semester hours (seven courses)
(Nine courses for students without undergraduate Biblical Studies degrees)
Three semester-hour courses:
BI 5300 Introduction to Graduate Biblical Studies
BI 5301 Biblical Interpretation
BI 5305 Advanced Introduction to the Old Testament
BI 5306 Old Testament Theology
BI 5320 Advanced Introduction to the New Testament
BI 5321 New Testament Theology
BI 5353 Supervised Practice of Ministry
Zero semester-hour courses
Only for students without undergraduate Biblical Studies degrees:
BI 5002 Orientation to Biblical Literature
BI 5003 Orientation to Critical Studies
MACM Electives – 15 hours (five courses)
See KGST Catalog for course listings.
Students who choose thesis option take three content courses plus two thesis courses.
BI 5090 MACM Comprehensive Examination
Prospective students who wish to enroll in the Master of Arts in Christian Ministry program must meet the following admission requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; you must provide transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Three letters of recommendation with specific comments regarding the applicant’s academic work, professional experience and ability to successfully complete graduate study. At least one recommendation must be from a church leader.
- A goal statement (approximately 1000 words) specifying the applicant’s personal goals for their professional development, including how the Master of Arts in the Christian Ministry program at Faulkner University will contribute to those goals.
- A maximum of nine semester hours can be transferred into the M.A. in Biblical Studies program from a regionally accreditation institution. Transfer hours must be approved by the dean of biblical studies.
- Submit a completed online application.
- Complete and print the Official Transcript Request form and submit it to all previously attended schools with the appropriate fee.
- Send all additional items via mail to:
Attn: Graduate Enrollment
5345 Atlanta Hwy
Montgomery, AL 36109
- $510 per semester hour
- $55 per semester hour online course fee
- View full tuition and fee schedule for all programs.