Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
The Master of Arts in Christian Ministry prepares students to fulfill their mission to serve Jesus Christ through their vocations. The program is a reflection of Faulkner University’s effort to develop professionals with a thorough understanding of the Christian principles and ethics that shape the university’s mission.
The Master of Arts in Christian Ministry provides a core curriculum with a strong Christian and biblical emphasis. Students have the option to choose from three concentrations that allow them to focus the degree to their specific area of interest. The program is focused on preparing graduates for more effective service in the church and on providing a solid groundwork for continued training.
The M.A. in Christian Ministry program is 36 semester hours, with the option of 30 hours of coursework and a thesis or 36 hours of coursework. Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale to complete the program. The graduate degree consists of core curriculum made up of 18 semester hours as well as 12 credits in an area of concentration. Areas of concentration include:
- Congregational Ministry
- Youth and Family Ministry
Core course requirements (18 hours)
- BI 5300 Introduction to Graduate Biblical Studies
- BI 5301 Biblical Interpretation
- BI 5305 Advanced Introduction to the Old Testament
- BI 5320 Advanced Introduction to the New Testament
- BI 5306 Old Testament Theology
- BI 5321 New Testament Theology
Students will take an additional 12 hours in their concentration area and have the option to complete a thesis or take two additional electives.
Prospective students who wish to enroll in the Master of Arts in Christian Ministry program must meet the following admission requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; you must provide transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Three letters of recommendation with specific comments regarding the applicant’s academic work, professional experience and ability to successfully complete graduate study. At least one recommendation must be from a church leader.
- A goal statement (approximately 1000 words) specifying the applicant’s personal goals for their professional development, including how the Master of Arts in the Christian Ministry program at Faulkner University will contribute to those goals.
- A maximum of nine semester hours can be transferred into the M.A. in Biblical Studies program from a regionally accreditation institution. Transfer hours must be approved by the dean of biblical studies.
- Submit a completed online application.
- Complete and print the Official Transcript Request form and submit it to all previously attended schools with the appropriate fee.
- Send all additional items via mail to:
Attn: Graduate Enrollment
5345 Atlanta Hwy
Montgomery, AL 36109
- $500 per semester hour
- $35 per semester hour online course fee
- View full tuition and fee schedule for all programs.