Nichols Library strives to support students throughout their academic career. A member of the library faculty is available during operating hours to assist patrons with their research needs.
- Please turn all phones off or to silent/vibrate while in the library. Please take all cell phone conversations to the foyer.
- When using materials in the library, students are asked to leave these items on the tables. library staff will re-shelve the items used.
- Community cards are available to patrons not affiliated with Faulkner University
- The cards are $25.00 per year and must be renewed each year.
- The card enables its holder to use library services and to checkout 2 books per 3-week checkout
- Any full-time or part-time student may check out books for a period of three (3) weeks.
- A book may be renewed for an additional three weeks unless it is on hold for another student/patron. You may renew your books online.
- Audio Visual (AV) materials, such as videotapes, CDs, DVDs, have a loan period of one (1) week and may be renewed for another one (1) week period if the materials are not on hold for another student/patron.
- Students must present their University ID for proper identification when checking out books.
- Students are limited to a check-out total of ten (10) items at any particular time.
- Interlibrary Loan services are available to students at all times. An online form is available. The loan process generally takes 1-2 weeks depending on availability and is generally free to the students.
- Students are responsible for all materials check out in their name. Items must be returned by the due date and in good condition. If a book is lost, the student is responsible for all replacement costs of the item.
- Fines are 25¢ a day per item.
Copier and Printing Privileges
- A public copierr is available in the library.
- Computer printouts for research purposes are free. Microfiche printouts are also free.
- Patrons are reminded to honor all copyright laws.