Fun in Montgomery
Whether you're new to the area or have never left, there is always something fun to discover in Montgomery. Alabama's capital city is just bursting with things to see, places to go and food to eat. Grab a friend and see what you can find!
- Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts : explore the world of fine art for free and enjoy a fresh lunch from its on-site café.
- Alabama Shakespeare Festival/Park : enjoy a run or a leisurely afternoon picnic alongside ponds, and rolling hills or come and see live stage performances of classical plays and musicals.
- Biscuits' Stadium : get pumped at one of Montgomery's own Minor League baseball games where they serve some yummy concessions.
- Capri Theatre : see an independent film at the popular Montgomery cinema and non-profit organization.
- Riverwalk Amphitheatre : located on Montgomery's beautiful riverfront property, this is the perfect spot for music and entertaining productions.
- The Harriet II : sail away on a cruise along the Montgomery River on the Montgomery Riverboat. Offering delicious dining and live bands.
- Hampstead : a posh little community tucked away on Taylor Road offers a library, restaurants, quaint shops and an outdoor coffee shop.
Enjoy some delicious dining whether it's a sidewalk café or an elegant restaurant there's something for everyone
- Fresh Market : try something new and cook a fresh meal for two or for a bunch of your friends.
- Downtown offers tons of places to eat, that won't break the bank and lends to a wonderful atmosphere.
- Tipping Point - a coffee shop at the Hampstead that literally opens up to the outdoors, offers genuine NY bagels, brunch and an array of delicious cappuccinos.
Shopping is fun and who doesn't love finding a great bargain, but it doesn't have to mean going to a big department store.
- Visit local thrift stores - find unique items for your dorm, apartment, or for a friend's birthday.
- Check out Montgomery Antique Galleries and Eastbrook Flea Market and Antiques - look around at some neat vintage finds from eras long past
Historical sites can be interesting and educational as we discover the past and how it has shaped our world into what it is today.
- Walk the sidewalks of Old Alabama Town and explore the authentic restoration of a 19th century southern village.
- Relive the life of one of Alabama's greatest country music stars at Hank William's Museum.
- Ride on the Trolley from historic Union Station as it takes you around Montgomery and shows you the city sights.
- Appreciate the life of a woman who took important strides in the Civil Rights Movement at the Rosa Parks Museum.